"It was a process of getting me to admit I wasn't who I thought I was"
After playing basketball at a high level with names such as Andrew Gaze, and being an incredibly fit and healthy young man with a happy-go-lucky attitude, addiction took over Jack’s life.
Over many years Jack used daily, cocktailing intravenous ice use with an array of prescription medication, marijuana and alcohol. This lead Jack to psychosis, suicide attempts, overdoses, homelessness, abuse, crime, broken relationships, malnutrition, family destruction and bitter regret. After having his life flash before his eyes whilst looking in the mirror, Jack checked in for treatment.
In this episode we talk about
- Jack's health food cafe and lifestyle now
- His promising basketball career that gave way to drugs
- How guilt, shame, fear & limiting beliefs were holding him back
- Being 6 foot 6 and 62kgs
- Suicide attempts and overdoses
- Meeting someone when he went to rehab who could explain what was going on in Jack's head
- Plus much, much more