"My favourite place to be was between unconscious and dead. Anything other than that was hell"
If you know anyone battling addiction please share this episode, it shows that anything is possible. Matt is a recovered heroin and ice addict (and everything else), who suffered from addiction from ages 12 to 25. He spent time in prisons, had 17 attempts at rehab, was 7 years on the methadone program, overdosed countless times and suffered a lot of trauma. He tells his story and how today he's clean and helping others resolve their underlying core issues.
In this episode we talk about
- The feeling of impending doom that Matt had from a very young age
- Starting to raid his parents liquor cabinet at age 9
- Using ice before school when he was 13
- Becoming an IV heroin user and his stints in prison
- The trauma of witnessing friends die of overdose
- How after 17 stints in rehab Matt turned it all around
- Plus much, much more